Meade King is a Bristol based and very busy commercial law firm, with around 45 staff We’re a full-service firm and are looking for talented lawyers to join us in our successful and thriving Corporate team.
The team continues to be overwhelmed with a large volume of high value instructions.
We are looking for people of all levels of experience and background from those who may be considering a move from another discipline to mergers and acquisitions work, through to Partners.
Many of our new clients come to us through recommendations from existing satisfied clients. We want all our clients to feel they can trust us to communicate clearly and effectively, and always welcome feedback on ways to improve our service.
We are proud to be an independent commercial law firm based in Bristol, with a national reach.
For an informal and confidential conversation, further details, or to apply, please contact:
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to assist with administrative tasks primarily within our Business Support (Reception) and Residential Conveyancing teams. Experience is not necessary as training will be provided, however the ability to be a quick learner would be an asset.
This is a full time, Monday to Friday, office-based position (no remote working). Normal hours would be 9am to 5pm, however some flexibility to work additional time when covering for holidays/absence will be required as our Reception area is open between 8.15am to 5.15pm. The firm provide a 1 hour unpaid lunch break.
What You’ll Be Doing:
-Reception (Cover is required for breaks Monday to Thursday and full cover for Fridays):
This important role will include, but is not limited to:
- Using our switchboard to direct calls
- Reception duties, such as welcoming clients and receiving deliveries
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post
- Scanning and Photocopying
- Residential Conveyancing (Some aspects of this part of the role will be able to be undertaken simultaneously whilst working in Reception) and the List below merely highlights the primarily duties and is not exhaustive:
- Taking telephone calls from both clients, estate agents, mortgage providers
- Providing support with issuing quotes to potential clients
- Electronic and Paper File management – i.e. opening files, saving and scanning documents, processing letters, filing of Deeds etc.
- Assisting the team with administration records such keeping databases up to date
- Helping with other department activities for the team as and when necessary.
We are seeking someone who:
- Has excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with clients on the phone and face to face
- Has excellent organisational skills
- Can work well in a team but also independently
- Understands and has the ability to keep client confidentiality
- Has excellent attention to detail
- Can work at high levels of accuracy
- Has excellent numeracy and literacy levels
- Has a good academic background and ideally an interest in law
What we offer:
In addition to the normal holiday entitlement of 24 days plus Bank and Public Holidays we offer a range of other benefits which include but are not limited to:
- Competitive Salary
- Birthday off
- Christmas Bonus
- Death in Service cover
- Bus and Train Pass Loans
- Staff socials
- Free/Discounted Legal Services
To apply for this position please send your CV by email to: Julie Painter
Note to Agents: We are only accepting direct applications for this post.